Current vacancies at TechNET Immersive
TechNET Immersive now has offices in Cheltenham, London, Bracknell and Milton Keynes, with a permanent view to growth and expansion. Our recruitment teams are comprised of competitive, industrious and success driven consultants, who reflect the ambitious ethos of our business. If you match these criteria, then we want to hear from you.
Whether you are an experienced recruitment consultant or recent graduate, TechNET Immersive could be the environment to develop your career. We pride ourselves on our well established graduate training programme, providing full training, mentoring, and promotion opportunities to our new recruits. While prior knowledge of B2B sales is preferred, it is not essential – however, applicants must demonstrate a competitive nature, a desire to succeed, and the ability to work to their own initiative.
Recruitment roles are focused on new business development, with consultants required to build their own desk around a specific vertical market in the IT industry. These roles are primarily phone based, though all consultants are encouraged to develop client relationships on a face to face basis.
For the right applicant, a recruitment role at TechNET Immersive offers:
Find out what its like to work for TechNET Immersive
AAA Gaming Studio... Read more
Position: QA Manager
Extensive benefit package available on request!!
A leading game studio are looking for an exceptionally talented QA Manager. My clients are looking for a seasoned Quality Assurance professional, who has shipped a AAA title as a Lead QA Tester. The QA Manager will lead the QA team & be responsible for testing all aspects of our studio’s AAA game.
- Team Leadership:
- Lead the QA team by setting the example in professional standards & diligent QA practice.
- Manage & Train Staff:
- Manage the QA team to effectively & thoroughly test, to ensure the quality of our project.
- Shape the staffing plan & career development of the RSQA team.
Ideally your skills will include:
- Experience of testing on a range of platforms (Consoles and PC) & of managing PC compatibility testing.
- Computer literate with a strong ability to pick up new software packages quickly.
- Excellent MS Office Skills.
- Expansive knowledge of TCRs & TRCs.
- Experience in establishing & managing localization pipelines.
- Advanced bug database management & maintenance experience.
- Excellent understanding of game development, technical testing with proven areas of ownership.
- Developed & implemented strong & comprehensive test plans.
A bit about you:
- Held a Lead, QA Manager or QA Director role on several AAA released titles.
- Skilled project manager.
- Experience of working & maintaining a good relationship with external parties.
- Amiable and approachable with strong communication skills.
- Proven experience of leading a team directly & creating high-quality output as an individual.
- Experience of working directly with a development team across the course of a project.
- The ability to work closely with the development team in identifying, reporting and recreating bugs.
- Experience of working on localised projects.
- Usability testing experience.
- Strong analytical skills & a keen eye for detail.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic & a desire to make world-class AAA games.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Basic understanding of any of the following: CSS, C# or C++.
- Expertise in network technologies and debugging tools.
- Scripting experience in Python, Ruby, Perl or similar languages to support automation of the QA process.
- A self-starter who has taken part in games development projects/development jams & is experienced using industry software & development engines.
- University degree or equivalent qualifications in a technical or video games-related field.
- Experience with using the following software: TeamCity, Tableau, Kibana, Visual Studio, UE4
Junior QA Technician
to £20K per Year
An Award-winning company working with VR & Haptic Technology... Read more
Position: Junior QA Technician
Salary: £20,000 DOE
About the Role
An award-winning company that works with VR and Haptic Technology are looking for a Junior QA Technician with an enthusiastic professional approach to join their team. You will work closely with the QA Lead and the rest of the team to ensure we produce robust, realistic and immersive content.
The Junior QA Technician will be required to assist in the overall testing effort on multiple differing projects employing motivated and self-directed testing and following structured test plans. You will also aid in the creation of test plans and other documentation when required and be able to give ideas on how the overall testing effort can be improved.
What you will be doing:
- Employ self-directed testing and testing techniques on various builds and applications
- Follow and correctly execute test cases and other documentation during the later stages of the product life cycle
- Report any and all discovered defects into the internal bug tracker ensuring reports are to a high standard, offering additional information and support if required
- Engage in collective responsibility for maintaining a high-quality product
A bit about you:
- A good eye for detail, with a clear and concise written and verbal communication style
- Ability to quickly adapt to change, and work effectively under pressure
- Enthusiasm for new technologies
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
What You Will Get
- Opportunity to expand your skills in a cutting-edge software development environment
- Opportunity to participate in a fast-paced startup environment
- Opportunity to work with HapticVR™, the next frontier of simulation and virtual reality.
Build Engineer – Block Buster Franchise x5
Build Engineer – Block Buster Franchise... Read more
Build Engineer – Block Buster Franchise
Our gaming partners offer the chance to work on blockbuster franchises and world-leading IP in a state-of-the-art studio environment. With a long list with a long list of highly unique and successful titles and an incredible custom-built studio with a benefits package to match their personable and friendly environment this is the perfect role for anyone who wants to be part of bigger and better things.
We are now looking for a Build Engineer to join the team. This is an exciting opportunity to work within their games and technology teams in driving forward the way they test games and tools. The successful candidate will innovate and improve their existing automated testing and build procedures to support these projects and will manage the various builds both internally during development and for external releases.
Salary: Negotiable DOE
- You will be working with our existing continuous integration build setup to ensure that functioning, recent builds of our games and various tools are available to those who require them, and that development progress isn’t blocked by broken builds
- Creating new automated tests as part of our continuous integration system, and managing existing tests to ensure they remain relevant for the projects in question
- Ensuring that the build process is as fast and hassle-free as possible for all 100+ members of our teams
- Improving all aspects of the build process and systems for our various projects. This will include both the process of creating and packaging a build as well as project-specific paths such as data export and validation.
- A good degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Computing
- Experience with Continuous Integration systems such as Buildbot, Jenkins, CruiseControl
- Experience working with large codebases across multiple platforms.
- Knowledge of version control systems (preferably SVN)
- Recent experience with scripting languages preferably Python or Lua
- Experience with tool chains such as Microsoft Visual Studio, Xcode, CLANG, GCC for building applications targeting Windows, Mac OS X, Console and Mobile
- Knowledge of build systems such as Jam, NMake or CMake
- Knowledge of C++ and/or C# would also be beneficial but is not essential.
For more information, please do reach out to Sian-Blue on either [email protected] or 01908 929068
Senior Account Manager
ID: Internal Recruitment
Senior Account Manager... Read more
To place candidates in job opportunities with TechNET IT’s key clients on either a permanent or contract basis.
- To ensure TechNET IT’s key clients are well looked after, catering for all their needs and ensuring you place the best staff you can find with them.
- Be responsible for the entire recruitment process, from taking a full job description from the client to organising candidate start dates.
- Fully understand your clients business and market area, to be able to successfully match on candidates and offer potential future hires to the business.
- Deal with all recruitment queries regarding your allocated key clients.
- Attend regular on site meetings with the clients to ensure we maintain and develop the relationship.
- To take extensive details from clients, either over the telephone or face-to-face, regarding any relevant vacancies they are currently recruiting for.
- Where necessary, successfully re-negotiate Terms of Business with a view to maximising TechNET ITs financial capabilities.
- To accurately input all client and vacancy details onto the RDB database.
- To search for candidates using all available media. (TechNET IT database, LinkedIn, job boards, etc)
- To effectively advertise all vacancies on TechNET IT website, chosen subscribed and free-to-use websites, local and national newspapers, and selected trade presses.
- To manage all advertising response in a professional and timely fashion.
- To match all relevant candidates to any live vacancy.
- Pre-screen all candidates, either over the telephone or by face-to-face interview, to attain their suitability and interest in any given vacancy.
- To introduce all relevant candidates to TechNET IT’s clients via the agreed method. (Telephone, email, fax, etc.)
- To follow up on any CV that has been presented to clients, with a view to arranging an interview with that candidate.
- Take accurate details from clients regarding any interview dates and times and communicate these details to the candidate, both verbally and in writing.
- Offer interview guidance to all candidates prior to the interview.
- Take feedback from all candidates immediately after any interview has taken place, whilst trying to overcome any possible reservations, and communicate this to the client.
- Take accurate details of any job offers and relay these details to the candidate immediately.
- Where necessary, contact the client on the scheduled start date to confirm candidate attendance and invoicing details.
- To improve TechNET IT’s agreements with our key clients where possible to Sole supplier/MV status (maximising any up-sell opportunities).
- To fly the TechNET IT flag and support all company decisions.
- Produce MI reports when required.
- Ensure all documentation required for any vetting of candidates of client audit is complete
- Coaching more junior members of staff
- To work with the other Account Managers, Talent Acquisition Specialists to ensure all staff are providing the client with the best possible service and adhering to the TechNET IT codes of conduct and best practice.
Note: the above list is not in order of priority and other tasks may be required of the job holder from time to time
- To achieve your monthly financial target, as agreed with the Senior Account Manager/Head of (minimum expectation of £250,000 per annum).
- To always promote TechNET IT in a positive manner
- To always promote TechNET IT’s clients in a positive manner
To constantly be aware of the current market trends and conditions within your relevant industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively re-negotiate fees and other terms of business
IMPACT OF THE FOLLOWING ON FREEDOM TO ACT:
Closeness of supervision received:
Expected to work to there own initiative but can seek guidance/assistance from the Senior Account Manager/Head of
Use of RDB software. Adhering to REC standards, Data protection act and employment legislation.
Nature of the work:
Job is specialist in nature but job holder is part of a team reporting to the Manager in the same functional area
Job holder splits time between the office and visiting client sites, as and when required