The overlaid sensory information can be constructive (i.e. additive to the natural environment) or destructive (i.e. masking of the natural environment) and is seamlessly interwoven with the physical world such that it is perceived as an immersive aspect of the real environment (Often also referred to as Mixed Reality). In this way, augmented reality alters your ongoing perception of a real world environment, whereas virtual reality completely replaces the user’s real world environment with a simulated one.
Augmented Reality has endless possibilities from Marketing Content, Interactive Gaming in real world environments, bringing Art to life, Utilities/Tools, Retail shopping experiences, educational experiences and so many more. TechNET Immersive are fortunate enough to be working with many global partners and start-ups pushing Augmented Technology to mass market, creating Augmented content and exploring the endless depth of possibilities.
We are always looking to engage with talent from the following background:
• Designers; Motion, Graphic, Level, Game Designer etc
• Audio; Design and Engineering
• Project Managers
• Haptic Technology
• Real Time
• 360 Video
• Production/Post Production
• Artificial Intelligence
Latest AR JobsReceive jobs like these by email
Build & Configuration Engineer
Build & Configuration Engineer - Stockholm, Sweden... Read more
We are looking for a curious and super- talented Build & Configuration Engineer to discover new and exciting means to continue the success of our gaming partners.
The role is based in Stockholm, Sweden
Our partners provide financial support for relocation as well as VISA sponsorship
Salary to be discussed upon application
As a Build and Configuration Engineer, you will be responsible for building and maintaining the systems and tools necessary to have robust and efficient continuous builds for our teams, who build both games and systems for internal use. We are continuously improving our ways of working, and you will take part in setting standards, guide and support developers on how to use our common development infrastructure.?
The development teams each own and write their own build workflows but need your expertise and help to make sure the tools and systems are used consistently, optimally and keep up as technology evolves. As an expert in build systems, automation, source control, versioning, continuous integration and rapid deployment, you will be their partner in choosing and using the right tool for the right job, working very closely with the studios, development teams and operations, while keeping in mind the big picture of how they do things in other locations.
The overall technology stack is common across studios. The envision that all source code ever produced by any team within the company should be available to anyone with just a simple command. The teams work in an agile development methodology and they value their fast- paced environment and flexible approach. The teams are allocated to different Business Units but belong to a common functional division - Development. They build their games in different technologies depending on the target platform. For browser games, they use HTML5 and for mobile games they use C++, C# and Lua. For backend it’s all Java.
Skills to create thrills
- Experience working closely with development teams to design and implement shared build systems - we believe in a "DevOps" approach and work in a fast- paced, agile environment using Kanban or Scrum techniques
- Experience in scripting languages like Python and Groovy
- Experience using build technologies such as CMake and Gradle
- Experience building and shipping cross- platform C++ code targeted for Linux backends and Android/iOS apps
- Setting up and running Continuous integration/Delivery systems using Jenkins
- Running automated tests and reporting on their results
- Branching and version control using multiple source control systems, eg. Git
- Planning repository organization and branch scheme
- Setting up monitoring and alerting systems to ensure that any issues in the development environments are identified and resolved as quickly as possible
- Implementing information radiators and consistent notifications on broken builds or tests
- Automated deployment using tools like Puppet and Ansible
- Managing and maintaining Linux, Windows & Mac systems
- A desire to experiment, learn and innovate to continuously improve our engineering systems
- A team player who can coach and support teams when setting up and using CI, versioning and build systems
Junior QA Technician
to £20K per Year
An Award-winning company working with VR & Haptic Technology... Read more
Position: Junior QA Technician
Salary: £20,000 DOE
About the Role
An award-winning company that works with VR and Haptic Technology are looking for a Junior QA Technician with an enthusiastic professional approach to join their team. You will work closely with the QA Lead and the rest of the team to ensure we produce robust, realistic and immersive content.
The Junior QA Technician will be required to assist in the overall testing effort on multiple differing projects employing motivated and self-directed testing and following structured test plans. You will also aid in the creation of test plans and other documentation when required and be able to give ideas on how the overall testing effort can be improved.
What you will be doing:
- Employ self-directed testing and testing techniques on various builds and applications
- Follow and correctly execute test cases and other documentation during the later stages of the product life cycle
- Report any and all discovered defects into the internal bug tracker ensuring reports are to a high standard, offering additional information and support if required
- Engage in collective responsibility for maintaining a high-quality product
A bit about you:
- A good eye for detail, with a clear and concise written and verbal communication style
- Ability to quickly adapt to change, and work effectively under pressure
- Enthusiasm for new technologies
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
What You Will Get
- Opportunity to expand your skills in a cutting-edge software development environment
- Opportunity to participate in a fast-paced startup environment
- Opportunity to work with HapticVR™, the next frontier of simulation and virtual reality.
Build Engineer – Block Buster Franchise x5
Build Engineer – Block Buster Franchise... Read more
Build Engineer – Block Buster Franchise
Our gaming partners offer the chance to work on blockbuster franchises and world-leading IP in a state-of-the-art studio environment. With a long list with a long list of highly unique and successful titles and an incredible custom-built studio with a benefits package to match their personable and friendly environment this is the perfect role for anyone who wants to be part of bigger and better things.
We are now looking for a Build Engineer to join the team. This is an exciting opportunity to work within their games and technology teams in driving forward the way they test games and tools. The successful candidate will innovate and improve their existing automated testing and build procedures to support these projects and will manage the various builds both internally during development and for external releases.
Salary: Negotiable DOE
- You will be working with our existing continuous integration build setup to ensure that functioning, recent builds of our games and various tools are available to those who require them, and that development progress isn’t blocked by broken builds
- Creating new automated tests as part of our continuous integration system, and managing existing tests to ensure they remain relevant for the projects in question
- Ensuring that the build process is as fast and hassle-free as possible for all 100+ members of our teams
- Improving all aspects of the build process and systems for our various projects. This will include both the process of creating and packaging a build as well as project-specific paths such as data export and validation.
- A good degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Computing
- Experience with Continuous Integration systems such as Buildbot, Jenkins, CruiseControl
- Experience working with large codebases across multiple platforms.
- Knowledge of version control systems (preferably SVN)
- Recent experience with scripting languages preferably Python or Lua
- Experience with tool chains such as Microsoft Visual Studio, Xcode, CLANG, GCC for building applications targeting Windows, Mac OS X, Console and Mobile
- Knowledge of build systems such as Jam, NMake or CMake
- Knowledge of C++ and/or C# would also be beneficial but is not essential.
For more information, please do reach out to Sian-Blue on either [email protected] or 01908 929068