In computer science AI research is defined as the study of “intelligent agents”: any device that perceives its environment and takes actions that maximize its chance of successfully achieving its goals.
AI now being used to transform the nature of how we work/use Healthcare (Online Doctors), Gaming (Narrative Driven AI system), Autonomous Driving and so on – Working at the forefront of growth in AI alongside 2 of the top 5 AI companies globally, it has been eye opening at the possibilities of with where AI can take us.
Latest AI Jobs
Senior Tools Programmer - AAA Gaming Studio
Senior Tools Programmer required for a AAA Gaming Studio... Read more
SENIOR TOOLS PROGRAMMER – AAA Gaming Studio
Our AAA gaming partner is looking to add to its family of permanent staff. We are looking for an exceptionally talented senior programmer who is ready for the challenge of producing a AAA title. This role will involve development and maintenance for art and design workflow tools, including the World Editor, procedural LOD generation and more.
- Collaborate with the content authoring teams to design efficient and robust workflows.
- Work closely with Engine Team to implement efficient and stable back end for the tools produced.
- Implement content and world creation tool to a high quality.
- Maintain the content and world creation tools and respond to issues quickly.
- Good understanding in C/C++ and software architecture.
- Good understanding of 3D maths and game technology principles.
- An experience in developing efficient asset and world building tools in collaboration with artists and game designers.
- A proven ability to design and implement re-usable systems inside a large code base.
- Worked on at least 1 published title.
- Experience in supporting AAA art & design production workflows an advantage.
- Unreal Engine 3 or 4 experience an advantage.
- A passion for playing and developing exceptional games.
- Be a positive, active, and contributing team member.
- To be proactive and helpful with ad-hoc problem solving.
- Must be a team player and know the importance of listening to others.
- Able to work independently, prioritize and handle pressure.
- Must have excellent time management skills to perform in a fast paced, high volume, high-pressure environment.
- Good verbal and written interpersonal and communications skills.
PRODUCER – TECHNICAL ART, PIPELINE AND ANIMATION TEAMS
AAA Gaming Studio... Read more
PRODUCER – TECHNICAL ART, PIPELINE AND ANIMATION TEAMS
Based In London
Our AAA Gaming Partner is looking to add to its family of permanent staff. They are looking for an exceptionally talented Producer who is ready for the challenge of producing a AAA title on the next generation platforms.
The Producer is responsible for their department’s resource, scheduling and completion of deliverables for the game. They will be involved in all stages of the project, from initial concept to the completion of the finished product and will need to excel in managing both the high level tasks (scheduling, resource planning) to the daily low level tasks such as dealing with ad-hoc issues and problem solving. In particular, they are looking for someone with a passion for and experience in working with technical art, pipeline and animation teams.
- Point-person for any production queries relating to their departments.
- Schedule & Planning: Work with the leads to create and maintain your team’s realistic schedule & planning documentation.
- Milestone planning: Run your team’s planning meetings, publishing minutes from these meetings and assigning tasks.
- Completing Milestones Targets: Work closely with Leads to ensure milestone work is completed on time and to the required quality. Raising any issues with senior production.
- Dependencies: Clearly identify any cross-team dependencies and flag to Senior Production if any are likely to cause issues.
- Change Requests: Liaise with other disciplines to ensure feature change requests are achievable and communicated to those impacted, including people in other teams.
- Outsource: Work with the External Development Managers to aid with the running of work that is outsourced from your teams.
- Meetings and Communication: Make sure required meetings happen and the correct people are involved. All meeting decisions and tasks are then documented and distributed to the studio.
- Risk Management: Identifying areas of risk as early as possible and create solutions to manage these before they impact the project.
- QA Liaison: Work with QA Lead to ensure milestone test plans are scheduled effectively and results are delivered to your team in a timely manner.
- Man Management: Motivate your team daily to ensure they produce the best work possible within time constraints set and provide them general support including:
o Checking they the required hardware, software, tools
o Mentor new staff
o Find good training that allows them to continually develop in their craft
o Set clear goals for your team so they understand what ‘good’ and ‘bad’ looks like
o Praise good performance and disciplining poor performance
- An excellent understanding of the Office suite i.e. Excel, Word
- Experience using project management and version control systems e.g. Jira, Shotgun, Perforce
- An awareness of the technologies and techniques used by the teams that you manage such that you can make more informed decisions with them, in particular:
- Technical art and tools development
- Pipeline development for content creation teams
- Rigging and technical animation solutions development
- Animation programming systems and tools
- Experience working with QA and the different techniques they use in testing
- Demonstrable experience working on AAA projects including examples where you have:
- Been responsible for a large group of developers and taken a project from concept to shipment
- Dealt with an area of a project that wasn’t working and explain how you turned it around
- Creating a culture of excellence within your teams with a higher quality bar than existed before you were in-charge
- Been part of the long term planning such that you avoided issues from happening but also show that you can deal with a situation when things go wrong
- Rewarded good performance and disciplined staff for poor performance such that your team understands what is expected of them
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple requests from different people while working towards a deadline
- Passion for gaming, with excellent design insights across genres
- Broad knowledge of comics, novels, games, cinema, and popular culture relating to video games
This role also come with a long list of excellent benefits, for more information on the benefits please ask.
County Derry / Londonderry
ID: D - APP DEV
– 100%% Remote - Virtual Beings & Digital Humanisation... Read more
IOS/Android Developer – 100% Remote - Virtual Beings & Digital Humanisation
Our partners create cutting edge technology answering the questions of tomorrow, they continuously explore the next frontier making the impossible possible, they are now on the hunt for an IOS/Android Developer to join the team. This opportunity is totally remote other than some rare trips to Portugal and comes with a generous salary!
Take a leading role in the development, testing, deployment, operation and support of web/applications that ensure an effective and efficient user experience for your target customers.
- Develop high quality web/applications within agreed deadlines, technical and quality specifications set.
- Define and run timely testing of web/applications developed to ensure intermediate and final deliverables meet the technical and quality requirements set.
- Define and implement corrective/preventive actions based on testing run.
- Define, implement and monitor the effective deployment of product developed and/or within his/scope of responsibility.
- Implement the appropriate actions to ensure the operation within his or her scope of responsibility is within the parameters set (for example, downtime of server).
- Provide high quality and timely support within his or her scope of responsibility.
- Proactively identify opportunities for continuous improvement and suggest solutions to the issue identified.
- Develop documentation for code, infrastructure and activities within his or her scope of responsibility in English.
- Take corrective and preventive actions within scope of responsibility to ensure the quality of process and deliverables are met or exceeded.
- Contribute proactively to the team deliverables as required.
- Lead teams and/or workstreams effectively taking action where appropriate to ensure the successful completion of objectives, deadlines and specifications.
- Contribute to the continuous professional development of our partners talent through training, mentoring, coaching, recruitment and performance management.
- Degree level in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or equivalent experience.
- Strong background in Computer Science fundamentals.
- Strong experience in web/application development including mobile.
- Experience in computer graphics with an emphasis on front-end user experience (UX design).
- Experience in taking a leading role in the development of complex technical frontend solutions that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- 5+ years of programming experience for Android (Java) and IOS (Swift).
- Solid Experience in Unity3D and C#.
- Experience in developing GUI-driven applications.
- Experience working with issue and project tracking software, including JIRA or similar.
- Experience using version control software, including Git or similar.
- Experience collaborating within a virtual, diverse working environment.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
A candidate with additional experience in the following areas will get “bonus points”:
- Experience in Unity3D Development with knowledge in C#.
- Capture technology experience.
- TDD mindset.
- Excellent practical knowledge of OOP concepts and SOLID principles.