It incorporates mainly auditory and visual feedback, but may also allow other types of sensory feedback like haptic technology allowing you touch/feel within a virtual world, which adds to the overall experience and/or empathy of each individual experience. This immersive environment can be similar to the real world or it can be fantastical.
The uptake of Virtual Reality for training, e-learning, gaming, entertainment, social and many more sectors has experienced a real surge over more recent years with the likes of Facebook (Oculus), HTC, PlayStation, Lenovo, Microsoft and many others driving this to mass market simply by making high quality head set devices more accessible at cheaper costs.
At TechNET Immersive we truly realise the potential within Virtual Reality and have invested our time in to understanding this market, for what we believe will be one of the most utilised technologies worldwide.
We are always looking to engage with talent from the following background:
• Designers; Motion, Graphic, Level, Game Designer etc
• Audio; Design and Engineering
• Project Managers
• Haptic Technology
• Real Time
• 360 Video
• Production/Post Production
• Artificial Intelligence
Latest Virtual JobsReceive jobs like these by email
County Derry / Londonderry
ID: D - APP DEV
– 100%% Remote - Virtual Beings & Digital Humanisation... Read more
IOS/Android Developer – 100% Remote - Virtual Beings & Digital Humanisation
Our partners create cutting edge technology answering the questions of tomorrow, they continuously explore the next frontier making the impossible possible, they are now on the hunt for an IOS/Android Developer to join the team. This opportunity is totally remote other than some rare trips to Portugal and comes with a generous salary!
Take a leading role in the development, testing, deployment, operation and support of web/applications that ensure an effective and efficient user experience for your target customers.
- Develop high quality web/applications within agreed deadlines, technical and quality specifications set.
- Define and run timely testing of web/applications developed to ensure intermediate and final deliverables meet the technical and quality requirements set.
- Define and implement corrective/preventive actions based on testing run.
- Define, implement and monitor the effective deployment of product developed and/or within his/scope of responsibility.
- Implement the appropriate actions to ensure the operation within his or her scope of responsibility is within the parameters set (for example, downtime of server).
- Provide high quality and timely support within his or her scope of responsibility.
- Proactively identify opportunities for continuous improvement and suggest solutions to the issue identified.
- Develop documentation for code, infrastructure and activities within his or her scope of responsibility in English.
- Take corrective and preventive actions within scope of responsibility to ensure the quality of process and deliverables are met or exceeded.
- Contribute proactively to the team deliverables as required.
- Lead teams and/or workstreams effectively taking action where appropriate to ensure the successful completion of objectives, deadlines and specifications.
- Contribute to the continuous professional development of our partners talent through training, mentoring, coaching, recruitment and performance management.
- Degree level in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or equivalent experience.
- Strong background in Computer Science fundamentals.
- Strong experience in web/application development including mobile.
- Experience in computer graphics with an emphasis on front-end user experience (UX design).
- Experience in taking a leading role in the development of complex technical frontend solutions that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- 5+ years of programming experience for Android (Java) and IOS (Swift).
- Solid Experience in Unity3D and C#.
- Experience in developing GUI-driven applications.
- Experience working with issue and project tracking software, including JIRA or similar.
- Experience using version control software, including Git or similar.
- Experience collaborating within a virtual, diverse working environment.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
A candidate with additional experience in the following areas will get “bonus points”:
- Experience in Unity3D Development with knowledge in C#.
- Capture technology experience.
- TDD mindset.
- Excellent practical knowledge of OOP concepts and SOLID principles.
Build Engineer – Block Buster Franchise x5
Build Engineer – Block Buster Franchise... Read more
Build Engineer – Block Buster Franchise
Our gaming partners offer the chance to work on blockbuster franchises and world-leading IP in a state-of-the-art studio environment. With a long list with a long list of highly unique and successful titles and an incredible custom-built studio with a benefits package to match their personable and friendly environment this is the perfect role for anyone who wants to be part of bigger and better things.
We are now looking for a Build Engineer to join the team. This is an exciting opportunity to work within their games and technology teams in driving forward the way they test games and tools. The successful candidate will innovate and improve their existing automated testing and build procedures to support these projects and will manage the various builds both internally during development and for external releases.
Salary: Negotiable DOE
- You will be working with our existing continuous integration build setup to ensure that functioning, recent builds of our games and various tools are available to those who require them, and that development progress isn’t blocked by broken builds
- Creating new automated tests as part of our continuous integration system, and managing existing tests to ensure they remain relevant for the projects in question
- Ensuring that the build process is as fast and hassle-free as possible for all 100+ members of our teams
- Improving all aspects of the build process and systems for our various projects. This will include both the process of creating and packaging a build as well as project-specific paths such as data export and validation.
- A good degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Computing
- Experience with Continuous Integration systems such as Buildbot, Jenkins, CruiseControl
- Experience working with large codebases across multiple platforms.
- Knowledge of version control systems (preferably SVN)
- Recent experience with scripting languages preferably Python or Lua
- Experience with tool chains such as Microsoft Visual Studio, Xcode, CLANG, GCC for building applications targeting Windows, Mac OS X, Console and Mobile
- Knowledge of build systems such as Jam, NMake or CMake
- Knowledge of C++ and/or C# would also be beneficial but is not essential.
For more information, please do reach out to Sian-Blue on either email@example.com or 01908 929068
Senior Account Manager
ID: Internal Recruitment
Senior Account Manager... Read more
To place candidates in job opportunities with TechNET IT’s key clients on either a permanent or contract basis.
- To ensure TechNET IT’s key clients are well looked after, catering for all their needs and ensuring you place the best staff you can find with them.
- Be responsible for the entire recruitment process, from taking a full job description from the client to organising candidate start dates.
- Fully understand your clients business and market area, to be able to successfully match on candidates and offer potential future hires to the business.
- Deal with all recruitment queries regarding your allocated key clients.
- Attend regular on site meetings with the clients to ensure we maintain and develop the relationship.
- To take extensive details from clients, either over the telephone or face-to-face, regarding any relevant vacancies they are currently recruiting for.
- Where necessary, successfully re-negotiate Terms of Business with a view to maximising TechNET ITs financial capabilities.
- To accurately input all client and vacancy details onto the RDB database.
- To search for candidates using all available media. (TechNET IT database, LinkedIn, job boards, etc)
- To effectively advertise all vacancies on TechNET IT website, chosen subscribed and free-to-use websites, local and national newspapers, and selected trade presses.
- To manage all advertising response in a professional and timely fashion.
- To match all relevant candidates to any live vacancy.
- Pre-screen all candidates, either over the telephone or by face-to-face interview, to attain their suitability and interest in any given vacancy.
- To introduce all relevant candidates to TechNET IT’s clients via the agreed method. (Telephone, email, fax, etc.)
- To follow up on any CV that has been presented to clients, with a view to arranging an interview with that candidate.
- Take accurate details from clients regarding any interview dates and times and communicate these details to the candidate, both verbally and in writing.
- Offer interview guidance to all candidates prior to the interview.
- Take feedback from all candidates immediately after any interview has taken place, whilst trying to overcome any possible reservations, and communicate this to the client.
- Take accurate details of any job offers and relay these details to the candidate immediately.
- Where necessary, contact the client on the scheduled start date to confirm candidate attendance and invoicing details.
- To improve TechNET IT’s agreements with our key clients where possible to Sole supplier/MV status (maximising any up-sell opportunities).
- To fly the TechNET IT flag and support all company decisions.
- Produce MI reports when required.
- Ensure all documentation required for any vetting of candidates of client audit is complete
- Coaching more junior members of staff
- To work with the other Account Managers, Talent Acquisition Specialists to ensure all staff are providing the client with the best possible service and adhering to the TechNET IT codes of conduct and best practice.
Note: the above list is not in order of priority and other tasks may be required of the job holder from time to time
- To achieve your monthly financial target, as agreed with the Senior Account Manager/Head of (minimum expectation of £250,000 per annum).
- To always promote TechNET IT in a positive manner
- To always promote TechNET IT’s clients in a positive manner
To constantly be aware of the current market trends and conditions within your relevant industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively re-negotiate fees and other terms of business
IMPACT OF THE FOLLOWING ON FREEDOM TO ACT:
Closeness of supervision received:
Expected to work to there own initiative but can seek guidance/assistance from the Senior Account Manager/Head of
Use of RDB software. Adhering to REC standards, Data protection act and employment legislation.
Nature of the work:
Job is specialist in nature but job holder is part of a team reporting to the Manager in the same functional area
Job holder splits time between the office and visiting client sites, as and when required