‹ Back to search results
Business Development Consultant
ID: Internal Recruitment
To identify and secure new job opportunities for TechNET IT’s Client Service Team on either a permanent or contract basis.
- To actively canvass existing and potential new clients with a view to obtaining details of current recruitment requirements.
- To take extensive details from clients, either over the telephone or face-to-face, regarding any relevant vacancies they are currently recruiting for.
- Successfully negotiate Terms of Business with a view to maximising TechNET IT’s financial capabilities.
- To accurately input all client and vacancy details onto the RDB database.
- To introduce a relevant consultant from TechNET IT as quickly as possible to engage and build a further relationship with the client.
- To follow up on any CV’s in the initial stages that have been presented to clients, with a view to arranging an interview with that candidate.
- Take accurate details from clients regarding any interview dates and times and communicate these details to the Client Services Team, both verbally and in writing.
- Offer recruitment guidance to all clients where necessary
- Where possible visit clients at their premises to establish a better working relationship between TechNET IT and the client.
- To develop client relationships, always presenting TechNET in the most professional light.
- To identify and formalise client agreements where possible to PSL/Sole supplier/MV status.
- To map your market sector, demonstrating thorough understanding of your industry, potential growth and competitors.
- To fly the TechNET flag and support all company decisions.
Note: the above list is not in order of priority and other tasks may be required of the job holder from time to time
Approx daily breakdown
- 5% Reviewing inbox and overnight applications
- 80% Canvassing new and existing clients for vacancies
- 5% Searching for marketable candidates and sending them to relevant clients
- 10% Visiting client sites
- To achieve your monthly financial target (minimum £300,000 per annum of invoiced revenue), as agreed with the Manager.
- To always promote TechNET IT in a positive manner
- To always promote TechNET IT’s clients in a positive manner
- To constantly be aware of the current market trends and conditions within your relevant industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively negotiate fees and other terms of business
IMPACT OF THE FOLLOWING ON FREEDOM TO ACT:
Closeness of supervision received:
Expected to work to there own initiative but can seek guidance/assistance from the Team Leader/Head of
Use of RDB software. Adhering to REC standards, Data protection act and relevant employment legislation.
Nature of the work:
Job is specialist in nature but job holder is part of a team of consultants reporting to the Managing Consultant in the same functional area.
Job holder splits time between the office and visiting client sites, as and when required.