‹ Back to search results
Build Engineer – Block Buster Franchise x5
Build Engineer – Block Buster Franchise
Our gaming partners offer the chance to work on blockbuster franchises and world-leading IP in a state-of-the-art studio environment. With a long list with a long list of highly unique and successful titles and an incredible custom-built studio with a benefits package to match their personable and friendly environment this is the perfect role for anyone who wants to be part of bigger and better things.
We are now looking for a Build Engineer to join the team. This is an exciting opportunity to work within their games and technology teams in driving forward the way they test games and tools. The successful candidate will innovate and improve their existing automated testing and build procedures to support these projects and will manage the various builds both internally during development and for external releases.
Salary: Negotiable DOE
- You will be working with our existing continuous integration build setup to ensure that functioning, recent builds of our games and various tools are available to those who require them, and that development progress isn’t blocked by broken builds
- Creating new automated tests as part of our continuous integration system, and managing existing tests to ensure they remain relevant for the projects in question
- Ensuring that the build process is as fast and hassle-free as possible for all 100+ members of our teams
- Improving all aspects of the build process and systems for our various projects. This will include both the process of creating and packaging a build as well as project-specific paths such as data export and validation.
- A good degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Computing
- Experience with Continuous Integration systems such as Buildbot, Jenkins, CruiseControl
- Experience working with large codebases across multiple platforms.
- Knowledge of version control systems (preferably SVN)
- Recent experience with scripting languages preferably Python or Lua
- Experience with tool chains such as Microsoft Visual Studio, Xcode, CLANG, GCC for building applications targeting Windows, Mac OS X, Console and Mobile
- Knowledge of build systems such as Jam, NMake or CMake
- Knowledge of C++ and/or C# would also be beneficial but is not essential.
For more information, please do reach out to Sian-Blue on either [email protected] or 01908 929068