Gaming salaries in London 2022
There is a general assumption that gaming salaries in London and other large cities tend to be higher than the rest of the UK, usually due to the cost of living being higher. According to research, London salaries are approximately 25% higher than the rest of the UK, but is this the case for this year?
In our 2022 Immersive Salary Survey, we released some exciting gaming insights that will appeal to both gaming professionals looking for their next role, and gaming companies hiring in the next year.
Let’s check out this year’s gaming salaries, in a variety of different gaming specialisms…
- Junior Programmer – £25K – £40K
- Programmer – £40K – £50K
- Senior Programmer – £50K – £60K
- Principal Programmer – £60K – £80K
- Lead Programmer – £65K – £85K
- Development Director (and beyond) – £85K +
- Junior Designer – £25K – £35K
- Designer – £35K – £45K
- Senior Designer – £45K – £55K
- Lead Designer – £55K – £70K
- Design Director (and beyond) – £70K +
- VFX Artist – £28K – £45K
- Senior VFX Artist – £45K – £60K
- Principal VFX Artist – £55K – £75K
- Lead VFX Artist – £60K – £80K
- Art Director (and beyond) – £75K +
- Junior Animator – £22K – £26K
- Animator – £26K – £40K
- Senior Animator – £40K – £65K
- Principal Animator – £60K – £75K
- Animation Director – £75K +
- Associate Producer – £25K – £35K
- Producer – £35K – £50K
- Senior Producer – £50K – £65K
- Lead / Executive Producer – £65K – £80K
- Studio Director / Head of Studio (and beyond) – £80K +
Does your salary match your job title?
We understand that salaries can vary from company to company, but the 2022 Salary Survey gives gaming professionals, that are working in the busy city of London, a taste of what others are earning and what they should be aiming for. It is always worth keeping an eye on the market, and if you do decide that it is time for a change, you can get in touch with the Immersive team or submit your CV to start your gaming job search today.
To keep up to date with all things gaming and recruitment- check us out on LinkedIn.